Explore more on the page
Making our cities more liveable
CIE Expert Group on Bike Share (BSEG) represents the leading European Bike Share Operators and Service Providers – Beryl, CityBike Global, Cityzen, Donkey Republic, Dott, eBikeLabs, Fluctuo, MobilityData, nextbike, PBSC, Pony, Qucit, Ride On, Smoove, Urban Arrow and Urban Sharing – each bringing sustainable and shared mobility to the world. The group was initially launched at Velo-City Dublin in 2019. The European leadership group will help to drive the sector forward.
CIE's BSEG looks forward to working with cities and policy makers to support them in the rapidly changing active mobility landscape!
Bike Sharing is...
- Inclusive and gives affordable access to cycling for everyone.
- Helping cities move away from private car use.
- Improving air quality and reducing CO2 emissions, congestion and noise.
- Improving public health and generates €3 worth benefits for the society for every bike trip.
- Bringing new green jobs and boosting the local economy.
- Ideal for both short or long trips, making it ideal to combine with public transportation and reducing the need for bike parking.
- Creating safer urban spaces and better rider experiences through the digitalization of cities thanks to an open and common data format.
- Fast to deploy, creating green, attractive and liveable cities.
- Transforming the way we move, allowing cities to shift to inclusive, zero emission urban mobility.
Find Your Bike Share Operator or Service Provider
Love sharing ideas and experiences with the bikeshare players and be part of the group trying to make it better for all the riders.
Micromobility will be at the centre of the new normal in cities across the World. Suppliers and operators within this field will experience a massive deal of growth in the next decade. The CIE is where these companies can be found. Together, we shape the cities of tomorrow.
I’m thrilled to be working with the founders and leaders of bike sharing. This group is changing the way we move and making our cities green, breathable, and liveable. Bike sharing is key to accelerating Europe’s shift to zero emission mobility.
18 Oct 2022
Bike share ridership grows steadily despite socio-economic pressures
Fluctuo’s latest European Shared Mobility Index benchmarks the industry’s performance for Q2 2022 across shared bike, scooter, moped and car services.…
21 Sep 2021
Five Takeaways from Velo-City 2021
Velo-city is the world’s most important conference series, an essential event for anyone who wants to understand the long-term future of the cycling…
22 Jun 2021
Bike sharing paves the way to zero emission mobility in cities
Bike use has boomed across Europe since the COVID pandemic. Citizens have voted with their pedals and taken advantage of more time and space to ride…
online monthly meeting the last Thursday of the month
JOINING THE GROUP
This group is a membership-driven initiative which works together with the support of the CIE Secretariat. Membership is open to all Cycling Industries Europe members.
Why join the Bike Share Expert Group?
The European leadership group will help to drive the sector forward. Issues can be discussed and dealt with in an industry wide forum, saving you time and providing greater efficiency. You will benefit from strong advocacy work, increased visibility for your company and for the sector, work on specific topics such as development towards single European standard, industry guidelines and best practice exchange.